Over the last few weeks, we’ve found new ways to work together, while apart. The Google Design team is currently spread across New York, working from makeshift home offices in Brooklyn, Queens, Westchester, and even a couple of upstate outposts.
We’ve also found ways to actively not work, and unplug from our devices—if only for an hour or two. Between rambunctious children and pets, digital dance parties, home cooking, streaming documentaries, and book clubs, we’ve also found moments of gratitude and silence.
Mainly, we’ve been encouraged by all the creative ways our community is showing up to support each other. It’s been uplifting to see the small hacks, care packages, collaborative initiatives, and extensive resources being shared to help us all stay informed, entertained, and connected. We hope you find them helpful, too.
Have something you’d like to add? Tweet us at @googledesign.
Take care, friends.
Community resources:• Bon Appétit Test Kitchen is Cooking at Home (Bon Appétit)
• Free Movie of the Week (Gary Hustwit)
• Glitch for Remote Work (Glitch)
• #HackToHelp (Google)
• PFH—PARTY FROM HOME (@pfh_partyfromhome)
• Quarantine Book Club
• Remote Design Resources from the Community (Figma)
• Remote work wiki (Notion)
• Stay Home, Take Care (Girls’ Night In)
• Working From Home: A Beginner's Guide (99u)
• YouTube Learning (Google)